Monday, April 2, 2012

poem a day #2

ode to you for not being in my life

So many thanks to those who are not my friends
any longer
As I breezily leap past others entangled 
in your narcissistic neuroticism
Sit back and drink tea in the sun
while others struggle to stay awake
through your neverending lectures 
about bands no one has ever heard of,
and for good reason, but somehow
that makes them oh so special to you
I am grateful that you discovered
how much you can't be around me
enough to shun, lie, judge and
even become indifferent to me
So that in my infinite hard-headedness
I could still realize that you were only stimulating
in all the wrong ways
Breathe deep and laugh voraciously
as I realize I will never again breathe in
your particular brand of superficial
Thanks for not being here.
If you show up I really don't care,
as long as you go on your own way,
your favorite way anyway.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't see this post to your FB....... :)
    i am glad i found it, i chuckled, winced, smiled and cheered the whole way through.

    ReplyDelete