Monday, April 9, 2012

#8

RAGE against the machine that gave a man reason to hate parts of himself
and those parts again when he sees them outside him
Rage against the machine that says find a babysitter when your child is sick
Rage against working all day and all lifelong
to try to buy your health back when you lose it
you may still be young
Rage against the machine that finds derivative justification
for seemingly endless cycles of violence
against humans, animals, all beings and our mama earth

Gives us reason to scream 
Fuck that I won't do what you told me!
And then we see that we're screaming 
at another human being who
has chosen to be the machine

Rage against the machine in myself 
the part I chewed up and took in,
festering inside like a man I never wanted there
A violent cancer
The pill we swallowed in the desperate hope it would make us better
When all along, the love inside is there
And shines, sometimes more brightly, through the rage

No comments:

Post a Comment