Monday, April 8, 2013

quatro

the circle divided 
into four pieces of pie
spins with a whirled balance
and sends up the divine pillar

so why do we divide our world,
ourselves, our bodies, our energies,
when the process of inner life
is to bring together what's been fragmented?

just in being what the Great, Loud I thinks,
those very ideas are automatically shattered 
from the great, mysterious whole

yet, how separate?

really? how can the universal experience
be condemned, in its beauty walk to truth
not for the truth lacking, but for the walk full?

and so I sing up high to the sky
and groan down low, press my toes and cheek
into our mother's heart, or into her bloomings
all around us

and praise and groan to the north,
east,
west, 
south,
and then some.
Above, 
below,
within.
To all my relations and all I forget.
To all I name and all the unnamed and unnameable.
The four directions frame my heart compass
and don't contain it.
In gratitude and beauty
may we continue to walk the human pilgrimage.

No comments:

Post a Comment