Friday, July 1, 2011

Le Petit Prince

What comes up has been so raw, so personal, so sensitive... I haven't wanted to write about it here, to protect myself from overexposure, from putting my process out there too much, and also to extend that respect to other people involved. 

Yesterday as I ran open-armed into these thoughts from Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, the author of The Little Prince, I realized how much I continue to be inspired so deeply as I surf these incredible waves of high highs and low lows, and how this inspiration helps animate me to "take a step. Then another step." I once again give thanks for that inspiration.

Grown-ups never understand anything by themselves, and it is tiresome for children to be always and forever explaining things to them.

Love does not cause suffering: what causes it is the sense of ownership, which is love's opposite.

Each man carries within him the soul of a poet who died young.

What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step.

A pile of rocks ceases to be a rock when somebody contemplates it with the idea of a cathedral in mind.

The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them.

If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea. 

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment