Sunday, August 15, 2010

subtle battlegrounds

the battlegrounds are not visibly discernible
hunting light with invisible weight
the heavy-sack-carriers are gallantly sneaky
least obvious out in the fresh air, apparently open
and out there among all of us

the light dream warriors at times apparently cold,
not generous in affection or information
the curious apprentice is unprepared to receive
seeking to peek, to know first steps,
next steps, progressions, secrets
proud in heavy ego to be a chosen
among all the loved and chosen
wanting to help, leap and be subtle

the tree climbers leap and bruise and play
the knowing, untelling, hide away
the butterflies continue constant creation
dancing in never-ending procession

bears lumber into dream worlds with
the passive weight of the day ahead dragging behind
feathers stranded sip and share fabled wisdoms
fairies nip at juicy ankles
stories untold in words take form






Creative Commons License
subtle battlegrounds by Jessica Tumposky is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

2 comments:

  1. The first stanza I felt confused, "heavy-sack-carriers"?, homeless?.

    After that, the rest of it I felt connected to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammy. Looking back, I think I intended for a confusing first stanza, something a hard to discern. But now I'm not sure if that's what I want. "Heavy-sack-carriers" is figurative for me - those who carry the weight of the work of the energetic world on their shoulders, and beautifully. Thanks again, I will revisit this.
    And thanks too for the poems in the mail. I love to stay connected with you that way.

    ReplyDelete